As we approach 2018 it’s time to start thinking about a few New Year’s resolutions. If you’re approaching your 30s then it might be time to spare some thought for your hair and how you can focus on keeping it healthy with a few simple lifestyle changes. Here’s a few resolutions below that won’t just protect your hair but should increase your feeling of general well being:
New year resolutions
- Start a healthy diet – Time to cut out the carbs and concentrate on protein. In fact, eat healthily and you’re almost certain to strengthen your hair whilst ensuring it has a healthy shine. Eat lots of lean meat, fruit, vegetables and fish!
- Cut out the alcohol. OK so you don’t have to stop completely but if you maintain the pace of Christmas partying then you’ll end up with dry, brittle hair and possibly even start to see actual hair loss.
- Ditch the man bun. If you’ve got long hair than either get it cut or wear it au naturelle. Tying it up into a tight bun not only shows questionable taste but it could also be doing permanent damage to your hair. Traction alopecia is exactly as it sounds.
- Take up yoga. Whilst yoga in itself probably won’t stem any shedding it will help you relax and take your mind of the pace of life. Stress and anxiety are real causes of hair loss as well as many other potential health issues.
- Stop smoking. This is a perennial favourite. The general health benefits are obvious but smoking also damages the hair by drying it out and adding toxins to the blood stream. If you can’t just stop then consider an alternative to help wean you off.
Whatever you resolve to do we here at His Hair Clinic wish you luck and a fantastic New Year.