Hair is an important part of our identity for many of us, which is why it’s natural to want to groom it and ensure we keep it looking strong and healthy always. There are multiple ways in which you can prevent unnecessary hair loss and ensure you give your hair the nourishment it deserves to promote healthy hair growth.
7 natural ways to prevent hair loss:
1. Eat plenty of protein, our hair is primarily made up of protein so the more you consume, the stronger your hair will become. Sources such as eggs, fish and meats are excellent sources of protein and vegetarians can try beans, lentils and soy protein which are excellent for promoting hair growth.
2. Reduce daily stress, stress can contribute to hair fall so aim to tone down anything which is causing you anxiety or aim to find a way to de-stress and calm down at the end of a particularly stressful day.
3. Sleep! Sleep is an essential factor which many people overlook, especially when it comes to improving the appearance of their hair and skin. At least 7 to 8 hours of solid sleep in the night are required for your body to be able to rebuild and strengthen your skin and hair.
4. Eat healthily; a nutrient rich and well-balanced diet is crucial for healthy hair follicles which can then promote hair growth.
5. Try hair growth supplements, there are plenty of supplements available in the market which are a blend the vitamins and minerals that are essential for healthy glowing skin, nails and hair.
6. Give yourself a daily scalp massage, studies have found those who have daily scalp massages eventually have increased hair thickness. This is most likely due to the stimulation of increased blood flow to the hair follicles. You can use warm coconut oil for this and also reap the additional benefits as coconut oil can reduce itchiness, cure dandruff and moisturise the scalp and hair strands.
7. Be gentle, avoid excessive use of hairdryers, styling products and ensure you only use quality shampoos and conditioners. If you are prone to split ends, then trimming your hair every six weeks can prevent damage.
What if I’ve already lost hair?
Although these methods may reduce unnecessary hair fall, they won’t promote hair regrowth. In such cases, you can look into a more specialist solution such as a scalp micro pigmentation procedure.